Charissa tagged me in an awesome survey recently and I was excited to have the chance to sit down and answer these questions (thanks, Charissa!). You can read Charissa’s answers here in case you missed her post.
1. Would you rather run along a beach path or mountain trail?
I prefer the beach. It would be amazing to live near the water one day!
2. If you could choose the flavor of Gatorade at your next race’s aid stations, what would it be?
I love my G2 Raspberry Lemonade.
3. If I gave you a $100 gift card to a running store, what would you purchase with it?
Shoes of course. The most essential part of running!
4. Do you prefer to follow a training plan or wake up and then decide how far and how fast you want to run?
That kind of depends. I like the structure that a training plan provides. I can mentally prepare for each run and know what lies ahead, but at the same time that can make running feel like more of a chore. So I guess I prefer to wing it based upon how I feel that day though I would probably never wake up and think how amazing it would be to run 20+ miles that particular day.
5. Would you rather start your run with the uphill and end on the downhill or start your run with the downhill and end with the uphill?
I would rather start uphill. I love sprinting downhill at the end of my run.
6. When you can’t run, what type of cross-training do you choose to do?
I love my Orange Theory workouts.
7. What is your preference—>out and back, point to point, or loop runs?
I like point to point, but that’s difficult unless you are running a race. So on a normal day I like loop runs.
8. If you could recommend ANY running related item to a new runner it would be…?
I’m going to agree with Charissa here and say running shoes. It’s so important for a new runner to get fitted at a running store and to run in the right shoe. Otherwise, injuries are more likely to happen.
9. Do you see any wild animals while out on your runs?
Mostly just deer, rabbits and squirrels.
10. Ever gotten lost while out on a run?
If I don’t have a specific route planned out I may try to mix things up with a few different turns, but I usually have a good general idea of where I am. Thankfully if I were to get lost I have an iPhone.
11. If you could have one meal waiting and ready for you each time you got home from a run for the next 30 days…what would it be?
My mom’s lasagna is amazing!
12. Capris or shorts? What do you run in most?
I prefer to wear shorts as long as I possibly can.
13. At what mile (or how many minutes) into your run does your body start to feel like it is warming up and ready to go?
I would say that it usually takes me about a mile to get warmed up.
14. What do you do with your key when you run?
It’s usually either in a pocket or in the holder that I use for my phone.
15. If you could relive any race that you have done in the past, which one?
The Baltimore Marathon was such a wonderful experience and my first marathon. I loved it!
16. What type of run is your least favorite?
Maybe a tempo run? It really just depends upon the day.
17. When you go for a run, do you leave from your front door or drive somewhere to start?
I usually go from my front door because it’s easier, but I like to drive somewhere too for a change of scenery.
18. When running in daylight, are sunglasses a must or an annoyance?
I don’t think that I could run with sunglasses. I feel like they would really annoy me, although I’ve thought about getting pair a time or two.
19. When you get tired, what keeps you from quitting?
Getting back home to my little family.
Tag! You’re it:
Tamieka @ Fit Balling Running Mom
Victoria @ Ice Packs + Races