It’s the Friday Five with: Cynthia, Mar, and Courtney today! Today’s topic is 5 Things I’ll be Doing in 5 Years. This topic made me laugh because I had this year of my life all planned out and I had to watch as that plan totally fell apart. So I’ve been striving every day to live in the moment and not worry about the future. That’s a task that is easier said than done, but ultimately I do have long-term goals that I can share.
1. Mother of 2- Yes, I would like to have one more child in the next 5 years and then I’m done. I’m going to tap out at 2. Being a parent is simultaneously one of the most wonderful and difficult things that I’ve ever done. I think it would be great for Haylie to have a sibling, but I’m also trying not to stress myself out over it.
2. Travel- I would love to travel some more. My husband has been wonderful at helping me fulfill my dreams and see some amazing places. I’ve always said that if I were independently wealthy I would travel the world. Next on my wish list is Venice. A girl can dream right?
3. Moving- I wouldn’t mind moving to a slightly larger house some time in the next 5 years, especially if we do have a new addition. At the same time, our little town house is nice and cozy.
4. Job- I just want a stable job that makes me happy, as I’m sure everyone does. That is certainly not easy to find in this industry, but I really don’t like being unhappy at work when I spend so much of my time there. That time is precious, and could be spent with my daughter who is already growing up way too fast.
5. Running- I really want to BQ and then run Boston. That’s my dream. When I even think of what an amazing and emotional experience that would be it gives me chills.
There you have it. I have no idea what I’ll actually be doing in 5 years, but I hope that I can accomplish at least some of these goals.
What are you going to be doing in 5 years?