It’s the Friday Five with: Cynthia, Mar, and Courtney today! Today’s topic is 5 Fitness Trends I’ll Never Try. These are 5 trends that I highly doubt I will ever try, but you never know. It’s not to say that there is anything wrong with them, but they just aren’t for me. If you like them then by all means enjoy!
1. Barefoot running: I actually just saw a lady running in those shoes with the separated toes on Wednesday and commented to my friend that I was running with how I could never wear those. I need the support! Not to mention, that I’m really accident prone so with my luck I would step on a large piece of glass or something.
2. Wraps: I just don’t get it. It’s not a permanent solution and they are expensive. I know some people love it, but I’ll pass. Sorry.
3. Cleanse: I hear about these all the time and it probably is good for you. I heard about some cleanses where people lose all of this weight, but when I see the recipe it’s just water with a few things added to it. So of course you are losing weight, you’re starving yourself! I’m sure the juice ones are better, but this also seems pretty expensive.
4. Soccer: This isn’t really a trend per se, but a friend of mine keeps trying to talk me into playing soccer with her. I’ve seen her legs and she gets really beat up. All I can think is that it wouldn’t be fun to run on legs in that condition and I would hate to get injured for any upcoming races. I’ll stick to watching soccer in the safety of my own home.
5. Crossfit: This is actually one that I want to try honestly, but again with the crazy expensiveness of it. It looks like an amazing workout though. I asked a friend of mine about the cost and she said it’s only ~$100+/month (I don’t remember the actual cost) and I about died. The only reason I tried Pure Barre was because I bought a coupon from Amazon for it. I loved Pure Barre too, but those prices! Don’t get me wrong I do spend entirely too much money on my running habit, but one expensive habit is enough for me. 🙂