It’s the Friday Five with: Cynthia, Mar, and Courtney today! Today’s topic is Five Favorite Summer Fruits/Veggies. I have so many favorite fruits and veggies that it is difficult to narrow it down to just five but I’ll try.
1. Avocado- I love avocado! There is so much that you can do with it. I love it plain with some salt and pepper. It’s amazing in guacamole! Avocado is also a nice way to change-up a sandwich or salad.
2. Passion Fruit- I love using passion fruit in desserts and I personally think that it pairs really well with mango. It’s also nice by itself or enjoyed in a beverage.
3. Sour cherries- I like all cherries really. The only thing that I don’t like about them, is having to pit large quantities of them for baking. After that was over, I used them to make a yummy breakfast bread though. They are great by themselves, in drinks, desserts, etc.
4. Watermelon- I don’t think any fruit screams summer as much as watermelon. It’s wonderful just as it is!
5. Peaches- They are so fresh and juicy! I love finding the prefect, ripe peach. Also great in pies!
What’s your favorite summer fruit/veggie?