1. Blog – Blogging is a fun way to spread my love of running around the world. It’s also nice to meet people who are more local that I might actually meet one day in person. I love to read other people’s blogs and keep up with what is going on in the running world.
2. Getting Kids Involved – My daughter isn’t quite there yet, but once she’s older I would love to get her involved in running if that’s something that interests her. Right now she certainly loves running laps around our living room and yard outside. I like to run while pushing her in the stroller but it’s difficult right now since she really wants to get out and run around on her own. She’s getting pretty heavy to push too. I don’t know how some people do it with much older children than mine or more than one! That amazes me!
3. Getting Friends Involved – It’s nice to find friends to run or race with. My husband and I did the color run with a friend of mine and her husband back when I was pregnant. It was fun and I didn’t care about the time that it took at all.
4. Join a Group – I joined MRTT over a year ago and it’s been great! There’s a nice variety of runners, from more experienced to some who are just beginning their running journey. It’s nice to hear their stories and we encourage one another along the way. I met some wonderful and inspiring women there.
5. Volunteer – This is something that I’ve actually done yet. I’ve been tossing around the idea but it’s hard to find free time, especially with my daughter being so young. If I do find the time though, I would love to be a coach for Girls on the Run. It sounds like such a great program to teach girls about self-respect and healthy living.
You can also volunteer at a race and be supportive of other runners. I did this once with my mom when I was in college, and should do more often.
How do you share the Running/Fitness love?