It’s the Friday Five with: Cynthia, Mar, and Courtney today! Today’s topic is 5 Trips. It’s funny, at first I thought this was going to be an easy topic but as I started going back through pictures to use for this post I realized that it would actually be difficult to narrow it down to 5. I’m always thinking about trips I want to take but I’ve already had so many great trips and I can’t wait to go to Paris in June! This was a fun post to write and reflect back on some really great times in my life. I wanted to start with Costa Rica because that was an amazing trip that I took with my mom when I was 16 but that was back in the day before iPhones and digital cameras so any pictures that I have would be in a photo album at my parent’s house.
1. San Antonio. It’s such a fun and beautiful city! It was only a few hours from where we lived in Texas at the time. The river walk is awesome! This seems like forever ago because it was taken when my husband and I had only been dating a few months. This summer we’ve been together for 12 years. Time really does fly!
2. Cruise to the Bahamas. My husband’s (boyfriend at the time) step-father-in law took us all on a cruise and it was awesome. My only complaint was I wish it had been longer so that I could have gotten some sleep but we had so much fun. I’d love to go back to Atlantis one day.
3. Galveston. This was also only a few hours from where we lived in Texas at the time. Even though the weather always seemed dreary when we were there, I’m a sucker for being near the water. I also love to visit Rainforest Cafe while there.
4. Orlando. I’ve actually been to Florida a few times. I went once with my family when I was in high school, then I went again with my high school marching band and once with just my mom when I was 21. They were all great trips. I love everything about that area from the parks to the weather being so much nicer than here. This trip was actually for an ICES (international cake exploration society) convention with a former boss of mine. I got to meet two of my cake decorating idols!
5. Ireland. There is so much to see and do in Ireland. I need to go back to see some more! It was nice too because a foreign exchange student that my family had in when I was in high school was living in Ireland at the time so I was able to catch up with him. We stayed in B&B’s, which I highly recommend, in Dún Laoghaire, Killarney, Dublin and Portrush.
Oh I almost forgot to mention our honeymoon in the Dominican Republic. All inclusive resorts are the best!
Ok I’m done. Sorry this post got away from me. Just so many wonderful memories and still lots more to come I’m sure. Thanks for reading!
What’s your favorite trip? Do you have a great upcoming trip?