It’s the Friday Five with: Cynthia, Mar, and Courtney today! Today’s topic is Spring! I love Spring, it’s my second favorite season. Right now it may be my favorite simply because it means that I don’t have to deal with any more snow for a while.
1. Running! I love running outside in the spring. I would take rain over ice and snow any day! On a bad Spring day, you’ll probably be good running in capris and a long sleeve t-shirt, but this week I’ve already busted out the t-shirts and shorts. It’s so much quicker to get ready for a run when you don’t have to put on layer after layer so as to not freeze your butt off. I also feel like all of those layers weigh me down. The birds are chirping……I could go on and on.
2. Playing outside- Once again I can play outside with my daughter. We can go to the park and do all sorts of fun outdoors activities that we haven’t been able to for the last few months. Even just going for a walk is lovely. Anything to not be stuck inside any longer. Can you tell that I’m not a winter fan? It’s also good for her to be able to run around and burn off some excess energy. If only she could pass that off to me!
3. Flowers- I love seeing all the flowers and trees coming alive again. So pretty! This year I’m running the Cherry Blossom 10 miler. That weekend is predicted to be the peak. It’s going to be so pretty! I can’t wait!
4. Easter- Always a nice holiday. Poor Haylie was sick last year but still did pretty well in the Easter basket department. I don’t think we have any family coming for visit this year like we did the previous year but it’ll still be a nice day, just the three of us.
5. Happiness- Spring just gives me an overall sense of well-being. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It’s great for my mental health. It’s a literal breath of fresh air! A nice pick me up after the long, cold, dreary winter.
What do you love about Spring?